Our second dock work party of the year is planned for the last Saturday of this month (August 26th), and it would be great if you are able to volunteer some of your time to help keep everything ship-shape. Work will get started at 8:30 and continue to 12:30, HOWEVER, if you are able to swing by for any time during this period it will be greatly appreciated.
Roland Faragher-Horwell, (our dock committee chairperson), has put together a rather lengthy honey-do list, but please don’t feel intimidated. Many of the tasks are not expected to take much effort, and will hopefully get knocked off easily with one or two people. The list we hope to work through follows:
1. Replace lattice panels around porta-potty
2. Replace 4×4 Posts on upper two segments of walk ramp with taller ones
3. Remove rotten wood from cross beam at upper edges of 2nd and 3rd floating sections of walk ramp and fill with epoxy/resin
4. Remove/Repair/Reinstall sign on west side of gate house
5. Add new railing from gate house to inside corner of dock
6. Add Gate Open Button to new rail
7. Reattach any loose panels on gate house
8. Touch up paint as needed to railings and gate house
9. Touch up paint as needed to storage shed/ porta-potty area.
10. Install Concrete triangular panels
11. Pour 2 new triangular panels
12. Add floats to finger piers that are sagging (#4, 27, 32, 8)
13. Remove existing feed hose to hose reel and replace with new hose
14. Paint parking stripes on Birch Street
15. Layout and paint new Disabled parking spaces adjacent to port potty area
16. Install new Disabled Parking sign
17. Install new Disabled Mooring sign
18. Install new Load/Unload only sign on boat ramp side of pier 1
19. Install pair of grab rails to pier 1 or pier 2
20. Remove and straighten existing “No Trespassin” sign at end of pier. Reinstall it and second sign on the face of the finger piers each side of the swim ladder.
21. Scrape marine life from sides of finger piers
You don’t need to bring anything to participate, but if you can bring a power screw driver and bits (or any other tool you think might be handy based on the task list), please do. Also, for planning purposes, please contact either Roland or myself if you can volunteer for this event:
John, email@example.com 425-829-2717
Roland, roland.faragher@gmail. com
John Bell – CCC Membership Chair
A very productive dock work party was held on Saturday, June 10th. It was a great opportunity for our members to maintain and improve our wonderful facilities while also getting acquainted with each other. Everybody who uses the dock this summer can take notice of how well we are keeping up with the needs of the property. Many thanks to all who participated! The photos that follow show some (but unfortunately not all) of the participants.
Thanks so much,
By John Bell
The club hosted a summer party at the dock once again on the afternoon of July 2nd, and about 60 folks came to enjoy the food, music, perfect weather and good company. Norm Johnson prepared a set of pop music hits from the 50’s to keep the atmosphere lively. The table decorations were especially artistic this year thanks to the efforts of Doug and Joan Marie Eggert. All attendees participated in a free raffle drawing for entertainment.
For the third consecutive year, this event has brought both club members and non-members alike from around Coyle together for a bit of socializing. This has been a great way to help begin or continue connections in our community, and it may be on the verge of becoming a tradition. Thanks go to all those who participated to make this party a great success